On March 08 – 09 of 2023 will be held in Barcelona the course “IV Rising Stars in Rehabilitation”.
It is sponsored by IPSEN PHARMA Iberia, SERMEF and SPMFR.
Aimed at 3rd/4th year (SERMEF) and 4th/5th year (SPMFR) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) residents to develop scientific communication skills.
Designed to develop scientific communication skills with the following objectives:
- Facilitate strategies for a more effective communication, analyzing strengths and areas for improvement in the presentations made.
- Evaluate scientific synthesis ability and graphic presentation in poster format.
Sponsored by IPSEN PHARMA Iberia, SERMEF and SPMFR.
- Those enrolled in the course will be invited by the sponsoring company.
- Aimed at 3rd/4th year (SERMEF) and 4th/5th year (SPMFR) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) residents.
- Necessary requirements: be exercising in Portugal or Spain.
- Each participant will have to present a scientific poster in public (3 minutes).
- Only one abstract per participant will be accepted.
- The subject must be related to the rehabilitation specialty. In case any medicine is mentioned, its use must be in accordance with the information given in the approved summary of product characteristics (SmPC) (from Spain or Portugal).
- Presentations and subsequent discussion of each poster will be conducted in English.
- The number of participants has been set at a maximum of 50.
- Registrations will be accepted by strict order of entry.
- Students will be divided into two groups (A, B and C) and three best presentations of each group will advance to the final.
- A prize will be awarded to the best «Rising Star», assessed by an independent jury, consisting of an invitation to an International Congress with a European destination and the 6 finalists will be invited to the next edition of the SERMEF or SPMFR National Congress.
The course registration and each poster submission will be done through the SERMEF website in two steps:
INSCRIPTION (FIRST STEP)
- Course registration and poster abstract submission, until January 18, 2023, or when the quota of 50 participants is filled.
- The abstract must have the following information: Title, introduction, materials and methods used, results and conclusions (with a maximum of 300 words).
- To sign up click here
POSTER DELIVERY (SECOND STEP)
- Once the registration and abstract submission period has ended, those selected will be notified of their participation in the course via email including the instructions to follow with:
- The template for the realization of the poster.
- The link through which it must be sent completed.
- The poster delivery, from the announcement of acceptance of the abstract, until February 8, 2023, at 24:00h.